After cooking steak last week, it’s time we try something with a bit more carbs. Today, we’re having potato lasagna.
The dish is traditionally made of flat-shaped pasta, but have you heard of lasagna where the layers are made of taters? Here’s a particularly good recipe you could try cooking, which comes with ham, cheese, and bacon; she’s gonna love it.
Potato Lasagna Ingredients
- 5 potatoes, peeled
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 8 to 10 slices ham
- 7 to 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 eggs
How to Put It All Together
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- Cut up the peeled potatoes into half centimeter slices.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Mix them up to ensure that they’re all coated evenly.
- Place a layer of potatoes evenly into the bottom of a greased, square baking pan.
- Place a layer of ham slices evenly on top of the potatoes, followed by a layer of the sliced cheese.
- Follow with another layer of potatoes, then the remaining ham and sliced cheese. Repeat as necessary until the baking pan is full.
- Sprinkle bacon and parsley evenly on top of the sliced cheese, and place one final layer of potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the potatoes, then press it into an even layer.
- Place the heavy cream and eggs into a small bowl and whisk them, then pour the mixture on top of the baking pan.
- Bake the lasagna for around 40 minutes, or until the cheese is a deep golden brown.
- Let the dish cool slightly, slice it up, then serve the potato lasagna. Bon appétit.