If you love pizza, then you’ll love calzones. The former is a baked flatbread topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and other goodies. The latter is essentially the same, except it’s folded.
That basically means calzones aren’t as messy when you’re eating and your eyes are glued to the screen. The dish is one of the best snack options you can have during game day so you should try it!
Here’s what you’ll need.
- 1 (.25 oz.) package of active dry yeast
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of pepperoni, diced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil leaves
- 1 egg, beaten