Nearly everybody loves fried chicken. What’s not to love? it’s crispy, juicy, and delicious.
Fried chicken variants
Interestingly, the terms “crispy, juicy, and delicious” can be said of fried chicken’s many variants, including:
- Buffalo wings – Named after its place of origin (Buffalo, NY), Buffalo Wings are not traditionally battered before frying.
- Chicken fingers – Pieces of chicken breast cut into long strips, breaded or battered dipped, and deep-fried.
- Chicken fries – Chicken nuggets in the shape of French fries.
- Popcorn chicken – Small morsels of boneless chicken, battered and fried, resulting in little nuggets that resemble popcorn.
This week, we’ll be teaching you a variant of fried chicken that’s glazed with honey. Here’s what you’ll need:
Ingredients for Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- Canola oil
- Honey (for glazing the chicken)